Why Should I Append Social Media Data?

soacial media appending.jpg

I think we can all agree that social media has proved its worth. Gone are the days when industry experts duked it out over whether Facebook and Twitter and Instagram were just a flash fad in online marketing.

Today, there’s no question that social media is an integral part of your digital marketing machine, especially if you’re selling directly to consumers. As such, marketers are on the lookout for the most efficient and effective means to understand how their customers are using social media to better market to them.

As a leading provider of demographic, household, purchase and interest data, TowerData has received a number of inquiries regarding our ability to append social media data, and we’re excited to say that Social Media Append is now part of the TowerData package. Our new Social Media Append service can return profile URLs as well as social network stats such as number of profiles and number of followers, friends or connections for 30-50% of your email subscribers.

Now that you can append social media data, check out these quick ways to start using it in your digital marketing:

Seamlessly Integrate Social Media with Email Marketing

Are you one of the 80% of people who check their smartphones when they wake up? What is it you’re checking? My guess is email and social media. It’s pretty clear: Social media and email marketing should work together. Appending social media data can create a seamless online marketing experience for your customers.

Reach Subscribers on their Preferred Platform

Where to reach subscribers is one of the trickiest beasts to tackle in marketing. Research shows 75% of social media users say email—not Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.—is the best way for brands to communicate with them. But that still leaves 25% who do like hearing from your brand on social media.

Appending social media data helps you better reach those customers who prefer monitoring their social media accounts for your updates. And because each platform is different, you’ll know how to communicate and interact with customers in different ways.

Better Understand How Your Customers are Using Social Media

When was the last time you saw a blog declaring the best social media platforms to use for marketing? Or the best times to post on Facebook? While they’re meant to be helpful, these blogs are really just the cousins of ‘Best Time to Send Email’ blogs, which speak to email marketing in general but not your email marketing.

Just how clean is your data? Identify where your data requires attention, allowing you to choose which areas to improve.

Get Free Email Append Test from AverickMedia

The key to success in marketing is to understand your customers: where they’re engaging, what they’re talking about, who’s influential, etc. Social Media Append allows you to see which platforms your customers are using and how plugged in they are.

Discover Your Social Influencers

Brand advocates are 70% more likely to be seen as a good source of information by people around them, according to MarketingCharts. Identifying and targeting who your customer influencers are on social media, therefore, could prove an effective strategy for driving sales and increasing loyalty for your company. Using Social Media Append, you can easily see which of your customers holds the greatest influence.

Article From: towerdata.com

Advertisements